I'm blogging over on blogger now, so come visit us over there!!

It is still under construction, so be patient, please Love you all!



1 Comment

Phew, it has been a long time since I’ve updated this thing. So
sorry! I will try to fill you in on what has been going down around

Well, I ended up making those fluffernutter bars and they were
only alright. I really liked the filling though, so I would just eat that with a
spoon if I were to make it again. 

I also made a crazy cake. I wasn’t sure if it was the right recipe, so I asked Chris’ Uncle Randy for it, and it was the very same! The cake was sooo good. I didn’t do the same frosting because I didn’t have the recipe yet, and the one I did was kind of weird but it actually tasted great on the cake. It was so moist.

Do you know what crazy cake is? Well, I didn’t either, and I still don’t. I just
know that Chris’ grandma used to make it and everyone loved it. So I got the
recipe here and told someone at work that I was going to make it. He asked what
a crazy cake was and I told him it was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. He
told me that didn’t sound crazy, and I agreed. Then I read the steps in the
recipe…maybe that’s why it’s crazy?? Check them out:

  1.                     Sift flour,
    sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into a 9 x 13 inch ungreased cake pan. 
    Make three wells.  Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into
    third well.  Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork.               

  2.                     Bake at 350
    degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted
    comes out clean. Frost with your favorite icing.

I followed the directions exactly with the exception of sifting, because I don't have a sifter.

the three wells
pour wet ingredients into wells
Pour water over the wells and then mix, mix, mix! I forgot to pour the water before I mixed...
Ta-da! Time to bake!
Anyway, I will make this again soon with the thick, fudge-like frosting from the “original” recipe.

On some Sunday a few weeks ago, we stole our nephew Zack from Cindy and Bobby and hung out with him all day. We took him down to Orangevale because Chris needed to get fitted for his tux for Jason’s wedding. Poor Zacky fell asleep in the car, so I tried to drive very slowly to Target so he would get a longer nap.

One we arrived, I asked if he wanted to get some popcorn. He said he wanted popcorn
and a blue drink (blue Icee). We got to the Icee machine and I told him what
each flavor was. He choose the strawberry lemonade flavor. I told him that it
was pink, but he still wanted it! We shared it and it was so good!

Zack choose this creepy movie as his present for the day. Sorry, Bobby and Cindy!

After Target we headed over to the mall to meet up with the boys. Once we got Uncle Chris back, we went to the park to play a little bit. Zack almost fell asleep on the swings with Uncle Chris. Then we came home and watched the creepy movie. It was a great day!
Last night Chris and I wanted to take Ari over to Blue Oak so he could run around and get some energy out. We decided to call our sisters and see if they wanted to bring the kiddos so they could ride their bikes and play on the playgrounds. Desi and Paul were on their way to run errands in Folsom, so they just dropped Porter off and took Sam with them. Cindy came with Alex and Zack and we had a pretty good night! I promise, the boys did ride their bikes but I don’t have any pictures of that :)
Alright, well I hope it isn’t too much longer before I decide to post again. Hope you are all (all three of you) having a great summer!! 
I have the BEST sisters-in-law ever! Remember when my SIL Cindy did this for us when we returned from Napa? Well, I just got a gift in the mail from my SIL Marya (Dustin’s wife) and I’m so thrilled with the contents. Never mind the fact that these were wedding/housewarming gifts, and my husband is still sleeping and has no idea that we received these. I only thought of the fact these were OUR gifts while I was unwrapping gift number two. Should I have waited for him? My bad! I don’t think he will mind that much!

 Anyway, part of the gift was an apron from Anthropologie! Darin and I stalk Anthropologie’s site regularly, and I have steered clear of the “home” section. That’s not going to be so easy now. I love my apron!!

I’m especially fond of this gift because I shared this recipe with Darin earlier. Now I get to wear my new apron while baking these bad boys. What, you all don’t have the ingredients for these already in your pantry? Oh, me either. I NEVER have jars of marshmallow crème readily available and NEVER eat it out of the jar with a spoon, or my finger...

Yesterday Chris and I got to babysit Alex and Zack while Cindy went to work since Steve and Debbie are camping this week. We had a good time! The boys ate their dinners without much coaxing and we got to watch Rugrats. Oh, how we missed that show! Chris confessed that Phil and Lil always creeped him out, and I confessed they were my favorite. Opposites attract!

"your phone said 'droid' again!"
Zacky took this picture!
my new apron, which matches my dress pretty well!
Woops! It’s been quite a while since I’ve updated the blog. We  were super busy getting the house ready for the party. Our families have helped us so much and we are so grateful for them.

We hope you all had a great time at our party. We definitely did! It was great to see everyone and celebrate! We were really blown away with how much love and support you all have showed us. It means so much that you are all in our lives. 

How good was that food?! And the cookies! Delicious. We have bags
and bags of leftovers…it isn’t a bad thing! Well, I guess it’s bad for our bank
account because I’m going to need a new wardrobe soon. 

Chris took Ari to the vet today. He got some vaccine shots and some heartworm medication. The vet seemed to love him and said he is such a good, healthy dog! She said he is the perfect weight…he must take after his daddy. 

Check out the Housewarming/Reception Page to see pictures from Saturday night. I’ll leave you with some pictures of our hilarious and adorable pooch, just chillin’ after his shots. It's medicinal, I promise.
What up, G? Got a light?
Snoop doggy doooog blazin' a fatty
First off, I’d just like to point out how much I love it when you write an entire blog, and then accidentally delete it. It’s my favorite. It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Chris and I spent our Memorial Day weekend preparing for our party! Our families have been helping out a lot too, and we are so grateful. Thank you!

On Monday we took Ari to Christa McAuliffe Park to play fetch. He did a good job and the weather was great, but was a little windy. After he was tuckered out, we walked over to Blue Oak and Camerado. We cannot believe that this will be Porter and Alex’s new stomping grounds. Chris enjoyed telling me and showing me where he and Jason used to play.

After our errands, we headed over to Tyler’s for a little barbecue. We always enjoy ourselves so much there because the people and food are amazing! We got to see Tyler’s adorable sister who is expecting! She and her husband are moving to Colorado (from Georgia) so he can train for the 2012 Olympics. He’s an all-star wrestler, as well as a Captain in the Army. It was great to spend the day with some true heroes!

Chris and I also got to go to Jason’s house on Tuesday to celebrate his new engagement to his fiancée, Amanda. It made us feel old that we just got married, and he just got engaged. I guess we are getting to that age. Yikes!

Well, here are some pictures of the dude at the park. I need a new camera!

Oh, also, check out the Honeymoon Page to see some details about our cruise!
Ah, I love that song. And I really like Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis’ version. Have you seen Duets? I’m not sure why but I was obsessed with that movie in High School. I even have it on VHS. But I don’t have a VHS player :(

 We leave for the airport tomorrow morning at 3:30 am! Is Starbucks even open that early? I’m a little upset about being in the air during Starbucks’ Happy Hour (half price frappuccinos), although I’m sure we will be hitting plenty of other Happy Hours within the next seven days, with far better ingredients (read: vodka)

All of my clothes have been packed since Wednesday, and Chris has today off so he can start packing. When I get home I just have to pack our toiletries items. We are READY!

We’re trying to give Ari as much attention as we can before we leave. He will still end up hating us, I’m sure. We got him some ham bones last night at the store while stocking up on Mojo bars and fruit snacks. We are not ten, I promise. I figured these would be good snacks to keep on hand for excursions and during the flights.

I woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather, which blows! We are going to get some airborne tonight so I can kick this out the door before we board the plane. This sickness is so NOT invited!

Hi All!

Well, it hasn’t been easy to get back into the routine of work after such a nice break! Luckily, we will have another break soon. That’s right, we will be on the plane to Dallas in seven days! Yay! After our layover in Dallas we will be flying directly into San Juan, Puerto Rico. We’re ready!

So only one person at work noticed the ring on my finger. She of course just assumed I was engaged, but I set the record straight! No surprise to me that not one male noticed anything!

As for Chris, he said multiple females noticed. Not surprised, I guess it’s a girl thang. I’m sure they all went home and cried that he is now off the market for good! ;)

Well, I will leave you some pictures of Ari. Whenever Chris decides to “embrace” him, he always says. “Blog about this!!” He loves that little guy.
Just Chillin'

Well, we finally bit the bullet and registered last night. We decided to go to Target since it is the closest store (that fit the bill) to our house. Going down ONE more exit to BBB? Forget about it!

I let Chris take full charge of the scanner. And no, this isn't the first time I've given him control over something ;)
I work in Asset Management, which, just like it sounds, means I manage assets. This means doing physical inventories of our company's assets multiple times a year, with a scanner.
Before we left for Napa, I did physical inventories for three days straight. The thought of scanning something for "fun" sounded like a cruel joke. I even had a nightmare in Napa that my colleague needed me to scan everything again. UGH!

Okay, dramatic side note over.

So registering went pretty good! We don't have too much patience for things like that, so we finished pretty quickly. We decided to call it a night and figured we could edit our registry later if need be.

Of course, we couldn't leave Target without spending $50. Can you? What is it about this store!?

Also, I sent out the invites today. I picked them up at Costco and thought I would take a one-hour lunch (rather than my usual half-hour) and knock them out. Wrong. I was so wrong!

It was quite the task addressing all of those. I might have bribed a few friends at work and even created a mini assembly line to get these done as quickly as possible. Henry Ford was onto something...

I apologize in advance for the terrible penmanship, but I assure you it is still better than Chris' ;)

The ceremony went perfectly! It was a bit windy, but the weather was great and so was Rev. Blane. The cake? TO DIE FOR! It was so delicious! If there were a fork in this hotel room I would be enjoying it right now instead of typing this! Oh, and Chris and I quite in enjoyed the wine that we drank during our ceremony, which is a first!

We had such a great afternoon with our families, and calling and telling our loved ones and friends. Thank you, everyone, for your love and support! We wouldn't be who we are or where we are without all of your guidance and love.

I think I'm going to wake my *husband* up now and get ready to go out to dinner. Apparently this wedding stuff is hard on a dude. Well, in all fairness, he got home late and didn't get much sleep because he had nightmares about tarantulas. Poor guy!

Our parents got stuck in traffic on the way home, so my dad needs a little help from The Captain before getting to the pics. I will let everyone know when they're up!!

Well, it's here! I woke up this morning to some noise (either a phone or Ari being stinky) and just could not go back to sleep. I'm very excited to get on the road to Napa!

When I came out to the living room and turned on the tv, coverage of the Royal Wedding was on. It's strange to think that we are doing almost the exact opposite of them. They have an estimated 2 billion people watching them, compared to our four. Yikes!

Alright, well I better get going and start getting all beautiful and stuff. See you all on the other side :)